***

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Buster



For the past two years we have pretty much been waiting to hear this: Buster's spinal cord has pretty much completely fused together. Let's recap: 2 years ago I was watching Buster play in the backyard and he kept holding up his back right leg. I knew something wasn't quite right. We (my parents and I) took him to the vet and discovered that he has a spinal cord disease, Spondylosis. There is nothing that will cure it. It is very, very painful for him. What pretty much happens is his spinal cord becomes one solid bone and that twice a thick as normal. He pretty much has no movement up and down or back and forth. It breaks my heart every day for him knowing that he is hurting. The vet told me he could be crippled in a year and would have to be put down. He was holding up his leg because his nerves aren't working right and caused his knee to "blow out". To say I was devastated is an understatement. I cried for days. We then contacted a orthopedic surgeon in Memphis and took him up there. He was scheduled for a full replacement knee surgery. After months of no running and lots of healing, his knee seems to be doing great. SO now its 2 years later and hes NOT crippled...HALLELUJAH. My dad took him to the vet today because Buster has been seeming to have some sharp pains and has been crying a lot. That's where the news at the beginning of this started from. He is pretty much fused together. Now it's all about pain management and making his life as comfortable as possible. I would do anything for my little BooBoo. I love him more than words can say...yes, I am a crazy dog lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment