***

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ramblings

Flowers Update: The beautiful hanging plant? dead. The cute little orange flowers on the table on the front porch? dead. I have, somehow, managed to keep the pretty red ones in the big pot on the front porch alive.  I don't know how I kill so many flowers.  It makes me so sad.  At least I took some pictures to remember them by.  I would take some pics of the dead ones just so you all could see but I am too ashamed.


Summer Update: Not minding this time off at all.  I have thoroughly been enjoying myself. Memorial Day we went to Pickwick and had a fabulous time as always. Since then I have spent time by the pool, cleaned around the house, laid around the house, slept in...you get it.  Summers off are amazing.



Tonight I cooked dinner (if you follow me on Twitter, you already know this) and it was very good, if I say so myself! I thought I would share the recipes.

Grilled Chicken: I marinaded it in this for about 5 hours and then cooked it on our favorite little mini grill.





Herb+%26+Garlic+Marinade.JPG.jpg













Caesar Salad (I don't think I have to give out this recipe)

Pasta:
I put more minced garlic that it called for and sprinkled in a bit of red pepper seasoning and some garlic powder for extra flavoring.  I also used extra thin wheat spaghetti noodles.
Recipe via All Recipes

Ingredients

  • 1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  2. In small saucepan, saute garlic a small amount of oil. Combine garlic, olive oil, and pasta in a bowl. Mix in parmesan cheese.





No comments:

Post a Comment