***

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Farewell Summertime....

Oh oh oh oh oh how I will miss you.  I think you go by faster and faster every year...oh wait maybe that's because you get shorter every year!
To me summer means: off work, no school children all day every day, sleeping late, not showering everyday (sad but true), staying up if I want to, going where I want to whatever time of the day I want to, lunch with friends if I please, catching up on lots of random TV shows, cleaning here and there, washing clothes here and there, going out that night if I want to because I don't have anything to do the next day, sitting on the couch all day OR laying out at a pool all day....I could go on and on.  These are just off the top of my head.  All of those reasons plus many more are why I love working in the school system.  No, working in the school system you don't get as paid as much as you could elsewhere but to me, being able to look forward to this all year makes it worth it (I mean within reason, if somebody was going to hire me for a million dollars a year, I would be out of there in a hot second). I know I may not work in the school system forever but for now, I am completely happy.
Next Tuesday is THE day...D-Day as I would like to call it.  Starting off the year with an all day meeting, just how I wanted it, not. Thursday the hellions, sorry I meant, children come back and it's on from then on.  Might as well get ready...because its coming much, much sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment