***

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Some of My Favorite Recipes

I have really enjoyed cooking ever since getting married (by the way...can you believe it will have been a YEAR already in 3 weeks!). I cooked a good bit while in Oxford but not as much as I do now. I enjoy looking up recipes and cooking them for dinner that night. Soo......I thought I would share some of my favorite recipes!

Bacon Spaghetti


8 to 10 pieces of bacon
Onion
28oz can of crushed tomatoes
Noodles
Sugar (I use Splenda)

Cook your bacon. Leave the grease in pan. Put your chopped up onion in the bacon grease and let it cook. After the onion is cooked, add in the crushed tomatoes. Crumble your bacon and add it next. Put sugar in (usually around 1 tsp or so)
Add noodles to the consistency you like and WAALAH! Done and Delicious.

My mom has been making bacon spaghetti since I was little and it has always been one of my absolute favorite things!!! Definitely a must to try!

BBQ Chicken Salad
(I actually did this last night!)

2 Chicken Breast
Red Leaf Lettuce
Green Leaf Lettuce
Tomato
Can of Whole Kernel Corn (drained)
Can of Black beans (drained)
Can of French Fried Onions
Ranch (1/2 cup)
BBQ sauce (1/2 cup)

**I added Tortilla Strips (you know...the ones for salads!)
**It calls for Cilantro but I hate Cilantro..so I didn't add any

Lightly oil the chicken breast and cook them ( I added a little BBQ rub to them for a little flavor). Set aside.
Mix the Ranch and BBQ sauce for the dressing.
Mix your chopped lettuce/tomato, drained corn/beans and tomato.
Top the greens/beans/corn with the chopped up chicken and onion rings/tortilla strips and add the dressing! DONE!
We really enjoyed this...delish.


Tyler's Favorite Potatoes


I'm sure everyone has made these or something similar to them...but since TT loves them so much I thought I would share...and to be honest...I actually stole this recipe from my sister in law, Vanessa HA! :) Oh well.

Potatoes (any kind: red, baking...my fav are yellow/gold butter potatoes)
Dry Ranch
Bacon Bits ( I use Turkey Bacon Bits)
Ranch
Butter
Olive Oil
Shredded Cheese

Chop up your potatoes (how every many you need according to how many you are feeding). Put them in a pan that is okay to go in the microwave.
Add potatoes, a little butter, dry ranch packet and drizzle olive oil on top. Put in the microwave until they are steamed (mushy).
Preheat your oven, 350 will work, and put them in the oven with the cheese, Ranch, bacon bits and shredded cheese all on top. I usually cook them for around 20 minutes or so, until everything is good and melted. YUM:)


Hope you all can make these sometime soon and enjoy them as much as we do!
Its almost Friday, time to celebrate! (almost)
That's all for now:)

No comments:

Post a Comment